Rangers and Jackson Hole Fire/EMS personnel responded to a small kitchen fire at the John Colter Ranch House Restaurant located in the Colter Bar area of the park early on Monday morning. Employees at the restaurant made a 911 call at 5:45 a.m. to report the fire and the emergency call was routed to the Teton Interagency Dispatch Center. Personnel in two structural fire engines, a water tender, and an ambulance responded. One fire engine and the water tender traveled from Jackson Hole Fire/EMS Station 4, located ten miles away at Moran Junction; the ambulance and other fire engine, stationed at Colter Bay and staffed by park personnel, were located just a mile away. A park ranger who was first on scene discovered a small leak in a kitchen propane line. The propane delivery system was quickly turned off and the fire extinguished without further complication. Minimal damage occurred due to the quick notification and immediate response, and food service at the John Colter Ranch House Restaurant resumed by lunch time.